As part its G-Force customer event, Genesys today launched a breakthrough mobile customer care solution that provides smart phone users instant access to agents in the contact center and beyond – all at the press of a button within a company branded mobile application. Available today, Genesys Mobile Engagement enables businesses to overcome today’s isolated mobile application experience by empowering customers that need live support to quickly engage customer service agents or specialized knowledge workers, such as personal bankers or travel agents. The new solution provides increased context to highly personalize the mobile customer experience and empower agents with information to drive an effective experience and outcome. Ultimately, companies will proactively and personally connect with today’s mobile consumers, driving a new level of customer conversations over smart phones.
- Today, there are an estimated 1 million mobile applications representing 40 billion downloads by consumers across the globe. By 2017, there will be a staggering 2 billion smart phone devices worldwide. At the same time, customer service organizations are often disconnected from the company’s mobile applications. When live assistance is required, customers must exit the mobile application and call the contact center number provided from the app. As a result, customers are forced to wait on hold, re-authenticate, traverse again through complex phone menus, and repeat the nature of their transaction when connected to customer service.
- As the smart phone and mobile applications become increasingly powerful customer touch points, every company is struggling to drive customer engagement through mobile devices. In fact, many downloaded mobile customer care applications remain underutilized or abandoned by consumers: one in four mobile apps are abandoned with less than 10 percent actively utilized.
- Effective mobile customer care requires a seamless transition between self-service applications and live assistance. It also requires companies to raise the bar on personalization, delivering a customer experience that is increasingly dictated by the customer – when they want service, where, and over what channel.
- By 2016, 37% of inbound customer service calls in North America will be made from smart phones, representing a significant shift in how customers will engage with enterprises. In addition, over 20% of smart phone customers (in developed countries) prefer to use smart phone applications to communicate with organizations in financial services, travel and communications. Finally, over 80% of smart phone customers (in developed countries) prefer phone calls with a customer service representative over obtaining assistance through any other channel. (Source: OVUM Research)
Genesys Mobile Engagement Extending the Genesys Customer Interaction Management (CIM) platform, Genesys Mobile Engagement brings business rules, context, conversation history, and reporting to mobile customer service interactions. This first release of the solution brings the following four capabilities to market:
- Live Connect: Through a “smart button” within the mobile app, customers can request the assistance of a live agent via voice, chat, SMS or even video. Context, history and customer information is shared between the mobile device and enterprise customer service, connecting the ideal customer service resource and empowering them with a 360-degree view of the customer and current interaction.
- Locate Me: Location and GPS provides the customer’s location to make immediate customer service decisions. Where are you currently located within the airport, and where is the nearest gate of a connecting flight? Where is the closest bank branch to receive a replacement ATM card? Where did the automobile accident occur to immediately dispatch a claims adjustor?
- Snooze Me: Customers control when they want to engage with a company and can schedule – at their convenience – when they should be contacted as part of their mobile customer service and application experience.
- Alert Me: Proactively notifies the customer of the relevant service updates within the mobile application by SMS or automated voice call.
To learn more about Genesys Mobile Engagement and view demos, data sheets, and white papers, visit: www.genesyslab.com/mobile/