- Avaya Collaborative Cloud provides a strategic framework for cloud-based collaboration solutions using Avaya unified communications, contact center, networking and services
- New AvayaLive™ suite of solutions – including AvayaLive Connect and AvayaLive Engage — provides unique, public cloud-based collaboration applications
Avaya today unveiled the Collaborative Cloud, a strategic framework for delivering communications and collaboration applications and services to businesses through public, private and hybrid cloud models. The company also announced the AvayaLive™ suite of unique, public-cloud delivered solutions, including the new AvayaLive Connect solution and the enhanced AvayaLive Engage.
Avaya Collaborative Cloud framework enables customers, channel partners, service providers and developers to use, build, deliver and enhance cloud collaboration solutions based on Avaya applications, platforms and infrastructure. The framework allows a wide range of flexible, cloud-based deployment and utilization options to accommodate diverse market segments and needs. Using Avaya’s collaboration and contact center applications and network architecture in Collaborative Cloud models, enterprises, service providers and small businesses can drive efficiency, productivity and revenue growth.
As part of the Collaborative Cloud, the new AvayaLive suite of solutions focuses on unique, public cloud-based communications and collaboration services. Today, the suite includes:
- AvayaLive Connect – a new, fully-integrated, unified communications solution for small businesses that includes voice, voice conferencing, messaging, video, mobility, presence and more. The solution supports PC, Apple Mac, iOS and Android devices; multiple offices and remote and mobile employees. The entire solution can be easily ordered, downloaded and accessed through the Web. AvayaLive Connect is currently in trials and is planned for general availability in the U.S. market by mid-2012.
- AvayaLive Engage – formerly known as web.alive, the Web-based, immersive collaboration environment adds new features and capabilities. The solution enables participants to use personalized avatars in a 3D environment to engage in collaboration activities such as meetings and creative sessions, sales and customer service, HR training and recruiting. The new features of AvayaLive Engage include:
- Support for Apple Mac OSX operating systems and Safari browsers
- Video collaboration and conferencing
- Video streaming, sharing, and synchronized playback
- Enhanced collaboration tools
For enterprise-grade private or hybrid clouds, businesses and cloud service providers can use Avaya Virtual Enterprise Network Architecture (VENA) and Avaya Aura® as the foundation. Avaya VENA enables enterprises or hosting companies to deploy a standards-based private cloud infrastructure that can be extended enterprise-wide from the data center all the way to the desktop. Avaya Aura provides the core communications platform to centralize and deliver unified communications and contact center applications. Avaya Communications Outsourcing Solutions can also be provided to enterprises as a private, managed cloud service.
Avaya is working with companies like Orix Rentec, the largest high tech equipment rental and leasing company in Japan. The two companies recently announced a service provider agreement for Avaya’s video collaboration solution featuring the Avaya Flare® Experience. Based on this agreement, ORIX Rentec will provide the Avaya Flare Experience Cloud Service, one of the world’s first services to provide the Avaya Flare Experience as a cloud-based offer. The service will enable customers to speedily adopt a secure collaboration solution with limited startup cost, without having to own or operate their own infrastructure.
AvayaLive Connect and AvayaLive Engage are the first of a growing list of public cloud services that will be offered on AvayaLive.com. Additional components of the Avaya Collaborative Cloud framework – including new solutions, offers and partners — will continue to roll out throughout the year.
The announcement highlights Avaya’s commitment to bringing The Power of We™ to every Avaya customer, helping businesses drive faster collaboration, smarter decisions and better business results.
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com